Using the Classroom Teaching Equipment
We have put together a number of video guides to help you with the following IT equipment in the classrooms:
- Crestron Touch panel placed on the lectern for Audio/Video control.
- Projector and a motorised Projector Screen.
- Lectern PC and Touch Pen to annotate the screen whiteboard.
- USB-C / HDMI cable to connect your UOWD laptop.
- Telephone to call ITTS or Facilities for any assistance.
Projector and Projector Screen.
Step 1: Switch on the Projector by tapping on the Touch panel placed on the lectern.
Step 2: Use the wall switch to bring down the Projector screen.
Note: Do not write on the Projector screen. A separate whiteboard space is provided in each classroom to write using the marker.
If you choose to use the Lectern PC rather than your laptop
Step 1: Ensure the PC is switched on and login in with your UOWD credentials.
Step 2: Press the PC option on the touch panel to display the PC screen on the projector.
Note: You can use the whiteboard app and the Touch Pen to annotate.
Watch: How to connect the PC
USB-C / HDMI cable to connect laptop
If you have a UOWD provided laptop and would like to connect this to the projector, use either the provided USB-C or the HDMI cable to plugin the laptop.
Depending which cable you are using to connect your laptop to the projector:
- If you plugin using the USB-C cable, press the USB-C option on the touch panel, or
- if you plugin using the HDMI cable, press the HDMI option on the touch panel
Alternatively, instead of the provided HDMI / USB-C cables, another way to present your laptop is to use the wireless option.