MATLAB installation guide
MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Simulink is a graphical environment for simulation and Model-Based Design of multidomain dynamic and embedded systems. MathWorks produces nearly 100 additional products for specialized tasks such as data analysis and image processing.
University of Wollongong in Dubai has a Campus-Wide License for MATLAB, Simulink, and add-on products. Faculty, researchers, and students may use these products for teaching, research, and learning. The license allows individuals to install the products on university-owned equipment, as well as personally owned computers.
Get Access through:
End User: Download the Installer
- Go to our MATLAB Portal provided by University of Wollongong in Dubai. Select 'Sign in to get started' under the Get MATLAB and Simulink section.
- If you haven't signed up yet then create a MathWorks account using your UOWD email address i.e. <FirstnameLastname>@uowdubai.ac.ae. Fill up the form with your personal details (after that you will receive a confirmation email from Mathworks)
- Log into your MathWorks account that is associated to your UOWD account. <FirstnameLastname>@uowdubai.ac.ae
- Click the download button for the current release. (Users can also download previous releases here).
- Choose a supported platform such as Windows, MacOS or Linux and download the installer.
End User: Install and Activate
- Run the installer.
- In the installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions.
- When prompted to do so, select the Academic - Total Headcount license labelled Individual.
- Select the products you want to download and install.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
- Follow the prompts to activate MATLAB.
Additionally, you can watch video instructions below:
- Update your campus-wide license:
- Install an individual license:
- Create a MathWorks account: