Connecting Your Laptop to the Docking Station
Connecting Your Laptop to the Docking Station:
By connecting the USB-C cable from docking station to your laptop, you will gain access to all your peripherals at your desk: the mouse, keyboard and two-monitors and headset, without having to plug in each device to the laptop.
With the laptop connected to the docking station, you are able to close the screen on the laptop and put it aside and use the dual monitor screens only.
Rotating and Adjusting the Monitors:
The Dell monitors can be adjusted and rotated as you like.
Dell Dual Monitor Stand Video:
Setting up Multiple Displays in Windows 10:
Press the Windows and P keys and the “Project” menu will appear. There are four types of display methods that can be chosen:
PC screen only:
View the laptop screen only - by selecting this option, the laptop screen will display and the other two screens on the desk will be blank.
View the same primary desktop image on all screens (duplicated).
View the primary Windows desktop on one screen and extend another desktop to the other screen (recommended).
Second screen only:
View only one of the external screens as the primary desktop.
Configuring Multiple Displays:
When using the Extend recommended option to display to your dual monitors, you may like to modify the default settings, such as rearranging the order and resolution of the monitors.
Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows Key.
- Type Display and go to the Display Settings
- Under the "Select and rearrange displays" section, drag and drop each display to rearrange them according to their physical layout on your desktop.
Note: If you are not sure which screen you are selecting, click the Identify button. This will momentarily show on each screen the corresponding number  and .
- Scroll down to the section Scale and Layout
- To adjust the display size, change the Resolution settings (the lower the numbers, the more the display is zoomed in).
To determine which of the dual monitors will display the primary screen (that contains the primary desktop and Start menu):
- In the section Select and rearrange displays, highlight the screen (1 or 2) that you would prefer is the primary display.
- Scroll down to the section Multiple displays
- Check the box Make this my main display
- When you are finished all your adjustments, close the Settings window.